ant-user mailing list archives

From Krzysztof KucybaƂa <kkucyb...@echo.fr>
Subject Re: path & fileset question
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2007 08:45:00 GMT
> It seems suspicious that the arg line you use with
> exec contains this ${phpunit_class} value, but your
> <apply> task has no corresponding arg element.  Have
> you looked at the log messages created by running Ant
> in -verbose mode to verify that each execution appears
> to have been reasonably constructed?

Not suspicious at all - phpunit has a built in mechanism - whenever the
test class' name matches that of a file - (MyTest class in MyTest.php
file), the argument specifying the class or the file is not necessary -
you can ommit either of them. Works fine from command line. This is a
part of an ant log:

<message priority="debug">

<![CDATA[Executing 'phpunit2' with arguments:
'--log-xml'
'foo.log.xml'
'SPPCmelxmsConverterTest.php'

The ' characters around the executable and arguments are
not part of the command.]]>

</message>

when I used this

<arg line="--log-xml foo.log.xml"/>

in the config (the source file was appended automatically). The really
cool part now is that I actually found this log file in the directory
where the command was executed. Switching this last config line into
this however:

<arg line="--log-xml"/>
<targetfile/>

results in this:

<message priority="debug"><![CDATA[Executing 'phpunit2' with arguments:
'--log-xml'
'BankAccountTest.php.log.xml'
'BankAccountTest.php'

The ' characters around the executable and arguments are
not part of the command.]]></message>

Which seems like a reasonable command to me. To my amusement - having
changed nothing since yesterday I now found the log files, but again -
not where they should be. Since I specify the dest attribute on the
apply task, it seems reasonable to assume, that the resulting log files
should be found in that directory. They are however in the execution
directory (which in itself is not really a problem since I can easily
move them) but can You figure out why they're not where they should be?
And believe it or not, but yesterday those logs didn't show up at all.
At least not as result to this command :
find / -name *.php.log.xml

Best regards and thanks for all help,
Krzysztof