ant-user mailing list archives

From Krzysztof KucybaƂa <kkucyb...@echo.fr>
Subject Re: path & fileset question
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2007 15:44:42 GMT

> That seems a little strange, but I'll take your word
> for it as I know nothing about phpunit.  The obvious
> (to me, anyway; sorry) way to get the target filename
> and the --log whatever that was switch together is to
> add the switch to your mapper.  But somehow I am
> afraid this may not be the issue.  Just make sure your
> <apply> command matches what you've posted here and
> that the verbose log makes sense given what's in your
> buildfile, and feel free to check back in here until
> we narrow down what's happening.

Thanks. I followed Your advice putting that --log-xml option into the
mapper, but it was no good. I got this message:

unrecognized option --log-xml BankAccountTest.php.log.xml

which suggests that in fact these need to be two separate command line
arguments. I removed the superfluous configuration from my build.xml,
but it's still no good. For some reason, the command does get executed,
but the log file is not created. Here's what it looks now:

<apply executable="phpunit2"
	dir="${deploy_path}/unit2"
	dest="${log_dir}"
	relative="true"
	output="${log_dir}/test.dump"
	logError="true"
	append="true"
	verbose="true"
	failonerror="true">

	<mapper type="glob" from="*.php" to="*.php.log.xml"/>
	<fileset dir="${deploy_path}/unit2">
		<include name="**/*test.php"/>
		<include name="**/*Test.php"/>
	</fileset>
	<arg value="--log-xml"/>
	<targetfile/>
</apply>

I also tried to substitute the <targetfile/> with something simple, like
<arg value="foo.log.xml"/>, but without result. Even doing that same
thing with <arg line="--log-xml foo.log.xml"/> instead of both args
gives me nothing - the tests run, but there's no log file. However this:

<exec dir="${deploy_path}/${phpunit_dir}"
	executable="${phpunit_exec}"
	output="${log_dir}/test.dump"
	error="${log_dir}/test.dump"
	append="true"
	resultproperty="returncode">
<arg line="--log-xml ${log_dir}/${phpunit_file}.log.xml ${phpunit_class}
${phpunit_file}"/>
</exec>

gives me precisely what I want. The difference is that I'm using this
for a set of older tests, which need to be executed with an additional
parameter - name of the test class. I have a fixed set of these -
they're no longer developed, and there is a separate invocation for each
one of them int the ant file, unlike the new ones, which are supposed to
be taken out of a directory, whatever they're number. These old ones
produce the log I need. What do You make of it? Have You got any idea
why this is happening? Thanks in advance for any further help.

Best regards,
Krzysztof