ant-user mailing list archives

From Krzysztof Kucybała <>
Subject Re: path & fileset question
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2007 14:18:10 GMT

Matt Benson wrote:
> --- Krzysztof Kucybała <> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I have a big problem. I'm trying to have ant run
>> phpunit and phpunit2
>> tests. To achieve that I'm using an exec task. It
>> was running smoothly
>> until I tried to execute multiple files which were
>> not known at design
>> time - the contents of a directory for tests. When I
>> used a fileset to
>> determine the necessary files to execute, I would
>> get them with their
>> whole absolute paths. Maybe this would be ok in
>> other circumstances, but
>> in my case that's not really so good.
>> When I now execute my phpunit tests on that file, it
>> says it can't find
>> the class by the name "<<and here comes the whole
>> path instead of just
>> the file name>>". Does anyone know of any reasonable
>> solution to this? I
>> don't want to list the files by hand, as I'd have to
>> change the file
>> everytime someone adds a new test.
> Are you using <apply> to do this, or what?  If so,
> there is a 'relative' attribute that could help you.
> Beyond that you can look into solutions that use
> filename mappers, or use a scripting language (or Java
> for that matter) to work against Ant's API; a
> DirectoryScanner, when used "legacy-style," will give
> you matching files as paths relative to a fileset's
> basedir.

Until I read Your email I was using exec. Then I tried the apply task,
but without significant results. I managed to get the test running once,
but then I couldn't get the xml log out of that run. For some strange
reason this:

<apply executable="phpunit2"

<mapper type="glob" from="*.php" to="*.php.log.xml"/>
<fileset dir="${deploy_path}/unit2">
	<include name="**/*test.php"/>
	<include name="**/*Test.php"/>
<arg value="--log-xml"/>

wouldn't work. According to the docs, it should translate into this command:

phpunit2 --log-xml MyTest.php.log.xml MyTest.php

(or am I not correct in this assumption?) but the result I see in the
ant log files is utterly different. It looks as if the phpunit2 exec was
invoked without this last parameter - MyTest.php. If I change
"addsourcefile" into true, the tests get run, but the logs don't get
written. My guess is that it's because arg value="--log-xml" is passed
as a single argument, and targetfile as another, whereas they should
actually be a single command line argument. Do You know how to achieve

Best regards,