ant-user mailing list archives

From DATACOM - Diego <di...@datacom.ind.br>
Subject Suppressing error messages from chmod and chgrp tasks
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2007 15:10:51 GMT
Hi all,

I am using Ant 1.7.0, JDK 5.0_04, Gentoo Linux.

It would be very useful for me if it was possible to suppress
error/diagnostic messages from chmod, chgrp and chown tasks. In the end
of my build I change the permissions of a number of temporary and output
files. For many of them the changes are not possible so the log gets
filled with a lot of error messages from chmod and chgrp.

All these three UNIX commands support the -f ("force option") that do
exactly that. I wonder what you think about adding support to this
option in the Ant tasks (adding a "force" parameter?!). Currently, there
is only a "verbose" parameter.

If you know any workaround other than disabling the recording to the log
file, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

--
DIEGO Moreira da Rosa

DATACOM
Av Fran├ža, 735 - Porto Alegre, RS - 90230-220
DDR: +55 51 3358 0141
Fax: +55 51 3358 0101
site: www.datacom.ind.br