ant-user mailing list archives

From Krzysztof KucybaƂa <>
Subject Two-level property names
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2007 09:36:04 GMT

I just wanted to know if there is a possibility to achieve something
like this in Ant:

-> I have a set of names that identify different deployment
environments. say these are unit, dev, intern for now.

-> I have a set of properties for each of these, all in one property
file (wouldn't be a problem to split into multiple for a good reason),
for example dev.url, dev.deploypath, dev.dbserver, etc.

-> what I'd like is to have a property called ${env} for the different
names, and use the others in the following fashion: ${${env}.url},
${${env}.deploypath} etc. Is it possible? Do I need anything more than
just ant to achieve this (like ant-contrib perhaps)?

Thanks for any help,
Best regards,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: