ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with subant and genericantfile
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2007 21:06:34 GMT
On 8/30/07, Colin Fleming <colin.mailinglist@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm in the process of rewriting our build using Ivy, and I'm having a
> problem with Subant. Ivy is usually used by calling the ivy:buildlist task
> which returns a filelist of files sorted in dependency order. These are
> normally build files, so the idea is that you then use subant to call them
> all. I'd like to use the genericantfile option with subant, so I'd like to
> convert my filelist into a path containing the directory of each file in the
> filelist, but for the life of me I can't figure out how I might do it. Is
> this possible?

I'm surprised Ivy would build a file list of non-existent files, which
I surmise from you wanting to use genericantfile. No, I also don't see
a way to transform a file list into a list of these files' parent dir.
The new resource collections stuff allow re-ordering and filtering of
resources, but I don't see a way to "map" a resource to another
(typically with a mapper). Mappers have traditionally been used at the
task level, not the resource collection level, and subant doesn't seem
to support it.

That's the kind of thing I'd have written a <script> for, in
JavaScript, but there's a lot of trial-and-error doing such things
usually (when something goes wrong with the script, not easy to
troubleshoot it).

Personally I prefer to have a tiny build file in all sub-projects,
which imports the common build, rather than using genericantfile.
Would avoid your issue altogether ;-) --DD