ant-user mailing list archives

From "Robert Clark" <robert.cl...@quest.com>
Subject Re: Problem running junit on Solaris 64 bit
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2007 15:58:12 GMT
On Monday August 27, 2007, cactuar <subtendor@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Robert Clark-2 wrote:
> > If you are running the JUnit tests inside of Ant, add the "-d64"
> > option to the ANT_OPTS env. variable before starting Ant.
>
> I tried setting the ANT_OPTS env. variable in my environment like
> this; ANT_OPTS=-d64; export ANT_OPTS
>
> But it did not make a difference.  Is this what you meant?

Yup. It was a guess as I did not know if you were running JUnit in the
same VM as Ant or not.

> I am still not sure why it defaults to 32 bit mode without -d64 (as
> I can run it just fine with java -jar command without it).  If you
> could point me to the documentation explaining this option, I
> appreciate it…

Standard JDK docs:
<http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/tools/solaris/java.html>

"If neither -d32 nor -d64 is specified, the default is to run in a
32-bit environment, except for 64-bit only systems. This is subject
to change in a future release."

- Rob