ant-user mailing list archives

From "Robert Clark" <robert.cl...@quest.com>
Subject Re: Is & a somehow special character to Ant?
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2007 19:30:35 GMT
On Friday August 24, 2007, Krzysztof KucybaƂa <kkucybala@echo.fr>
wrote:
> I'm trying to use the exec task to issue a shell command, whose
> output to stderr and stdout I'd really like redirected to a file
> and the deleted, as it is not relevant and is corrupting my build
> report. So this is what I run on the command line:
>
> phpunit --log-xml somelog.xml MyCoolTest &>test.dump

Since you are using the <exec/> task for this, look at the "output"
and "error" properties of the task and let Ant do the redirecting for
you instead of the shell.

For example:

<exec executable="phpunit" output="test.dmp">
    <arg value="--log-xml"/>
    <arg value="somelog.xml"/>
    <arg value="MyCoolTest"/>
</exec>

(if error is not specified, but output is, then stdout and stderr will
both be sent to the specified file)