ant-user mailing list archives

From Colin Fleming <colin.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with subant and genericantfile
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2007 21:25:32 GMT

Hi Dominique,

Thanks for the prompt reply!

Dominique Devienne-2 wrote:

> Personally I prefer to have a tiny build file in all sub-projects,
> which imports the common build, rather than using genericantfile.
> Would avoid your issue altogether ;-) --DD

Well, actually Ivy is creating a list of files that currently exist since
I'm currently following your second suggestion, having tiny build files in
each module that include the common one. I'd rather get rid of that since
people are showing an annoying tendency to fiddle with them, and in build of
80+ modules it's hard to figure out what's going on when they do :-)

Looks like a job for a custom task to me.

Thanks,
Colin