ant-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Reilly" <peter.kitt.rei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: repost: trooubled with ant from source install
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2007 17:14:06 GMT
On 7/23/07, Alexey Solofnenko <A.Solofnenko@mdl.com> wrote:
> I do not think you need to download any jars, if you are building ANT
> for yourself - you have to have all necessary jars already to run ANT.

This is not quite correct.
The optional tasks/types need jars to be downloaded and
placed in $ANT_SRC/lib/optional.

I normally compile a subset of ant for testing.

To compile all of ant, one needs non publiclly available
jars (weblogic, starteam and others).

The file fetch.xml gets most of the
publically available jars and places then
in the currect place (depending on how fetch.xml is called
- check the fetch.xml file for a read me).

Peter