ant-user mailing list archives

From hezjing <hezj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Create WEB-INF/lib based on path-structure
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2007 06:29:21 GMT
Yes, I should have use the modern IDE to see the available attributes.

Based on http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTypes/fileset.html, how do
we know the element supports "refid" attribute?

When run with <lib refid="base.path" />, Ant complaints that the
"base.path doesn't denote a zipfileset or a fileset"

Did I miss out anything here?

On 7/10/07, Prashant Reddy <prashant@pramati.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-07-10 at 14:06 +0800, hezjing wrote:
> > Hi Prashant
> >
> > Thanks for the WAR task description.
> >
> > If I have a path-like structure called "base.path",
> >
> >   <path id="base.path">
> >   <fileset dir="lib">
> >   <include name="**/*.jar"/>
> >   </fileset>
> >   </path>
> >
> > How can I referencing "base.path" directly in <war> task or it's
> > nested <lib> element?
>
> WAR task specifies in the documentation that :
>
> "The nested lib element specifies a FileSet. All files included in this
> fileset will end up in the WEB-INF/lib directory of the war file."
>
> So try :
> <lib refid="base.path">
>
> Actually if you are using modern IDE (like IDEA) to edit your build.xml
> typing "<lib" should fire-up all possible options to auto-complete.
>
> Hope this helps.
>

> > On 7/10/07, Prashant Reddy <prashant@pramati.com> wrote:
> > > Take a look at 'war' task at :
> > > http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/war.html
> > >
> > > Examples given in this page should address your concern.

> > > --
> > >
> > > -Prashant
> > >
> > > Don't upload, just share : www.dekoh.com

> --