ant-user mailing list archives

From "Tena Sakai" <tsa...@gallo.ucsf.edu>
Subject repost: trooubled with ant from source install
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2007 16:52:07 GMT
Hi,

Sorry to repost, but I haven't got much response...

I am having a problem with installing ant 1.7.0 from source
on redhat enterprise server (amd-64).

What happens is that when I issue a command:

  sh build.sh -Ddist.dir=/usr/local/ant dist

it complains that a bunch of jar files were not built because no
files were included.  For example:

  /usr/local/ant/apache-ant-1.7.0/build/lib/ant-apache-regexp.jar

According to the instruction on website:

  Make sure you have downloaded any auxiliary jars required to
  build tasks you are interested in. These should be added to
  the lib/optional directory of the source tree.

I went and got jakarta-regexp-1.5.tar.gz, gunzip'ed, untar'ed
and found a file jakarta-regexp.jar (as well as jakarta-regexp-1.5.jar,
which turns out to be the same as the other), and copied it into
...src/lib/optional directory (which didn't exist; so I created
it).  I tried with 'sh build.sh bla bla' once again, but the
result is the same as before, it seems.  I have tried to put
the jar file into a different lib/optional directories, but the
result seems the same through out.  I am at wit's end as to
how to interpret this instruction (one more time):

  Make sure you have downloaded any auxiliary jars required to
  build tasks you are interested in. These should be added to
  the lib/optional directory of the source tree.

I am starting to feel it is a mistake to follow the instruction
above to letters.  Maybe, instead, I need to provide java source
files and the build process will make jar files out of the source
code and put them into a destination?  Is there somebody out there
(I am sure the answer is yes) who have done this and willing to
give me a hand, please?  I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

Tena Sakai
tsakai@gallo.ucsf.edu