ant-user mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: AW: checkstyle-ant
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 06:57:37 GMT
First: please keep on the list (as long as you dont want to provide sensible data ;)
Other people could be interesting in this problem (and its solution) too.

Second: this is more a CS related question than an Ant one .... but because I just had
the same problem two weeks ago, I could provide the solution :-)))

* Create a "checkstyle" directory under your Ant installation ( ${ant.home}/checkstyle will

  now point to this)
* Put the checkstyle-all-4.3.jar (containing standard checks), checkstyle-optional-4.3.jar
  (containing J2EE checks) and your own checks into that directory.
* Put also your customized rule.xml and the checkstyle.xsl's into that directory.

Start Ant with "-lib %ANT_HOME%\checkstyle".
For our own Ant distribution I renamed ant.bat to ant.org.bat and created a new ant.bat
in ANT_HOME\bin:
  @echo off
  call %~dp0ant.org.bat -lib %~dp0..\checkstyle %*

So this target should work:
<target name="checkstyle">
    <mkdir dir="${cs.report.dir}"/>
    <cs:checkstyle
        config="${ant.home}/addons/rzf_checks.xml"
        failOnViolation="false"
        xmlns:cs="antlib:com.puppycrawl.tools.checkstyle">
        <fileset dir="${java.dir}" includes="**/*.java"/>
        <fileset dir="${junit.dir}" includes="**/*.java"/>
        <formatter type="xml" tofile="${cs.report.dir}/checkstyle_report.xml"/>
    </cs:checkstyle>
    <xslt
       style="${ant.home}/checkstyle/checkstyle-frames.xsl"
       in="${cs.report.dir}/checkstyle_report.xml"
       out="${cs.report.dir}/checkstyle_report.html"
    />
</target>

ant.home  : automatically set by Ant; points to Ant's install location
java.dir  : points to the directory containing the java program sources
junit.dir : points to the directory containing the junit test cases (sources)
cs.report.dir : where to generate the cs-reports into?

Jan