ant-user mailing list archives

From "Sharma, Jaikumar" <jaikumar.sha...@barco.com>
Subject RE: windows command
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 07:24:42 GMT
You can use the windows system command in the following way.

    <target name="execute.sys.command">
  	   <exec dir="${basedir}" executable="xcopy.exe">
      	   <arg line="c:\temp" />
	         <arg line="d:\temp" />
      	   <arg line=" /S /Z /Y /I" />
	    </exec>
    </target>

 example note :
   In the above target I have used xcopy.exe Windows program to copy
file from c:\temp to d:\temp. You can pass arguments to command using
<arg line>
   You can adapt this (command arguments etc.) as per your needs.

Hope this helps.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sayed, Irfan (Irfan) [mailto:isayed@avaya.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 12:32 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: windows command

Hi All,

I need to execute windows system command in Ant's build.xml. I got one
sample in manual but need to know what is the exact meaning of every
line with every attribute.

<exec dir="${src}" executable="cmd.exe" os="Windows 2000"
output="dir.txt">
  <arg line="/c dir"/>
  </exec>

Can somebody please help

Regards
Irfan.

DISCLAIMER:
Unless indicated otherwise, the information contained in this message is privileged and confidential,
and is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named above and others who have been
specifically authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and/or attachments
is strictly prohibited. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this email. Furthermore, the company does not warrant a proper and complete
transmission of this information, nor does it accept liability for any delays. If you have
received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete the message. Thank you.