ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dmitry" <dmitrytka...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: trouble with 1.7.0 install from source
Date Sun, 22 Jul 2007 04:25:42 GMT
hey, try to build ant source files again probably you missed something from
instructions or some issues with red hat patchs
thanks
DT
www.ejinz.com
search engine biz
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tena Sakai" <tsakai@gallo.ucsf.edu>
To: <user@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2007 11:21 PM
Subject: trouble with 1.7.0 install from source

Hi,

I am having a problem with installing ant 1.7.0 from source
on redhat enterprise server (amd-64).

What happens is that when I issue a command:
  sh build.sh -Ddist.dir=/usr/local/ant dist
it complains that a bunch of jar files were not built because no
files were included.  For example:
  /usr/local/ant/apache-ant-1.7.0/build/lib/ant-apache-regexp.jar
According to the instruction on website:
  Make sure you have downloaded any auxiliary jars required to
  build tasks you are interested in. These should be added to
  the lib/optional directory of the source tree.

I went and got jakarta-regexp-1.5.tar.gz, gunzip'ed, untar'ed
and found a file jakarta-regexp.jar (as well as jakarta-regexp-1.5.jar,
which turn out to be the same as the other), and copied it into
..src/lib/optional directory (which didn't exist; so I created
it).  I tried with 'sh build.sh bla bla' once again, but the
result is the same as before, it seems.  I have tried to put
the jar file into a different lib/optional directories, but the
result seems the same through out.  I am at wit's end as to
how to interpret this instruction (one more time):
  Make sure you have downloaded any auxiliary jars required to
  build tasks you are interested in. These should be added to
  the lib/optional directory of the source tree.

I am starting to feel it is a mistake to follow the instruction
above to letters.  Maybe, instead, I need to provide java source
files and the build process will make jar files out of the source
code and put them into a destination?  Is there somebody out there
(I am sure the answer is yes) who have done this and willing to
give me a hand, please?  I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

Tena Sakai
tsakai@gallo.ucsf.edu