ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jay Dickon Glanville" <dickon.glanvi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ant holds on to jar, preventing deletion?
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2007 16:54:25 GMT
Thanks for the suggestion Dominique, but it doesn't solve the problem.

Does it matter if I have the jar declared in a path statement?  Like this:
  <path id="nci.common.cp_ref">
    <pathelement location="${cdr.jar}" />
  </path>

An additional piece of information that might help: the jar file is
being generated by the XML Beans toolset (you provide the XML schema
doc to the XMLBeans ant task, it generates the java, compiles, and
then jars).

JDG

On 7/24/07, Dominique Devienne <ddevienne@gmail.com> wrote:
> Try forking your <javac> task, which may be the one holding on to the jars. --DD
>
> On 7/24/07, Jay Dickon Glanville <dickon.glanville@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello all.
> >
> > I'm dealing with a "can't delete file" problem, but one with a slight
> > twist.  I believe the situation might be that ant has a handle on a
> > jar file, which is then preventing it from being deleted.  (Note, this
> > is windows specific.)
> >
> > The sequence of events goes like this:
> >  - create jar file from XML code (XML-Beans)
> >  - use jar file in classpath to compile other files
> >  - delete jar file HD
> > I know that there are no other processes holding that file, as I just
> > created it (that, and there are no other processes on my machine).
> >
> > Does this make sense?  If so, is there a solution?
> >
> > JDG
> >
> > --
> > Jay Dickon Glanville

Jay Dickon Glanville