ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jay Dickon Glanville" <dickon.glanvi...@gmail.com>
Subject ant holds on to jar, preventing deletion?
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2007 16:11:15 GMT
Hello all.

I'm dealing with a "can't delete file" problem, but one with a slight
twist.  I believe the situation might be that ant has a handle on a
jar file, which is then preventing it from being deleted.  (Note, this
is windows specific.)

The sequence of events goes like this:
 - create jar file from XML code (XML-Beans)
 - use jar file in classpath to compile other files
 - delete jar file HD
I know that there are no other processes holding that file, as I just
created it (that, and there are no other processes on my machine).

Does this make sense?  If so, is there a solution?

JDG

--
Jay Dickon Glanville