ant-user mailing list archives

From Miroslav Šulc <miroslav.s...@startnet.cz>
Subject Using <union>
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2007 16:17:56 GMT
Hi,

I am not very experienced with ant. I have several targets, each for
source code checks. These targets are 'pmd', 'cpd' and 'checkstyle'. All
the corresponding tasks support <fileset> element. My project consists
of tens of subprojects. What I want to achieve is to define the set of
sources at one place and then just reference it from those <pmd>, <cpd>
and <checkstyle> tasks. What is the correct way? I thought I can use
something like this:

<union id="all.source.files">
    <fileset dir="..." includes="..."/>
    <fileset dir="..." includes="..."/>
    <fileset dir="..." includes="..."/>
    <fileset dir="..." includes="..."/>
</union>

<target name="pmd">
   <pmd>
      <fileset refid="all.source.files"/>
   </pmd>
</target>

but that doesn't work. I tried even other things that came to my mind
but none of them worked. I'm not even sure that what I want to achieve
have to be enhanced to support unions or sets of filesets.

Thanks for any suggestions.

--
Miroslav Šulc