ant-user mailing list archives

From Bevan Arps <bevan.a...@clear.net.nz>
Subject Re: BCP and ANT
Date Sun, 29 Jul 2007 04:24:10 GMT
Mario Madunic wrote:
> has anybody used BCP (bulk copy program) with ANT. I need to insert data into a
> SQL Server and would like to do this within ANT.
>
> Any hints on how to do this will be appreciated.
The most straightforward approach is to first work out how to drive BCP
from the commandline (without Ant involved at all) - and then wrap that
commandline in an Ant <exec> task.

Start with a concrete example - fixed paramters, a given input file, and
so on, and gradually replace those with parameters one at a time.

Hope this helps,
Bevan.