ant-user mailing list archives

From Alexey Solofnenko <A.Solofne...@mdl.com>
Subject Re: removing byte order mark
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2007 17:36:42 GMT
For some reason I have had the same problem on Solaris, but not on
Windows even though both JDK version and all jars were the same. At the
end I wrote a <scriptdef> that would fix all XML files not to have BOM
mark. It looks like that:

  <scriptdef name="fixbom" language="jython">
    <attribute name="dir" type="location"/>
    <attribute name="extensions" type="text"/>
    <![CDATA[
#fixbom
import os
import fileutils
import utils
import pre

dir=str(attributes.get("dir"))
extensions=utils.makeSet(str(attributes.get("extensions")))

def getType(name):
  idx=name.rfind('.')
  if idx<0: return name.lower()
  else: return name[idx:].lower()

def fixFiles(arg, dir_name, names):
  for name in names:
    if extensions.has_key(getType(name)):
      path=dir_name+os.sep+name
      content=fileutils.readFileBin(path)
      if len(content)>3 and content[0]==-17 and content[1]==-69 and
content[2]==-65:
        self.log("Removing BOM '"+path+"'...")
        fileutils.writeFileBin(path, content[3:])

os.path.walk(dir, fixFiles, None)
    ]]>
  </scriptdef>

- Alexey.