ant-user mailing list archives

From Dale Anson <dan...@grafidog.com>
Subject Re: How can I capture a file's date to a property?
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2007 05:06:04 GMT
Hi Charles,

There seems to be an issue with the antelope.taskdef file for a few
tasks.  Try using the antlib.xml instead.  The example below works fine
for me using the current AntelopeTasks_3.4.2.jar from
http://antelope.tigris.org.  I tested this on both Ant 1.6.5 and 1.7.0.

<project name="fileutil_test" basedir="." default="test">

    <taskdef resource="ise/antelope/tasks/antlib.xml"/>

    <target name="test">
        <property name="ant.jar" value="${ant.library.dir}/ant.jar"/>
        <fileutil file="${ant.jar}" property="ant_date">
            <lastmodified format="yyyy-MM-dd"/>
        </fileutil>
        <echo>timestamp on ant.jar is ${ant_date}</echo>
    </target>
</project>

I did notice that on your date format, I think you wanted MM rather than mm.

Hope this helps,

Dale