ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <>
Subject Re: Ant help
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2007 21:35:24 GMT
Wayne Cannon wrote:
> I'll second that recommendation.  It's an excellent tutorial and very
> well indexed so it also serves as an excellent reference.
> --Wayne

Why thank you. It is always best to hear the opinions of unbiased
readers. Incidentally, in the articles section i'm going to add some
more advanced Ant topics as I go along, spinoffs from  my work projects.

So far I've covered
  -installing java on windows in a way I like
  -building RPMs
  -generating PDFs from open office files

more to come!

> Steve Loughran wrote:
>> Sayed, Irfan (Irfan) wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>> I am very new to the Ant world. Really want to learn ant scripting
>>> (build.xml) from scratch. I already visited to but never
>>> find any procedure to write small scripts or basics about writing
>>> script.It's a very high level description.
>>> Can somebody has any ppt or good study material to learn Ant.
>> I would recommen Ant in Action, the sequel to Java Development with
>> Ant, which just shipped last month and is the most thorough and up to
>> date book on ant there is.
>> The first two chapters are available as PDF downloads, so you can get
>> started for free:
>> -Steve

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: