ant-user mailing list archives

From Alexey Solofnenko <A.Solofne...@mdl.com>
Subject Re: repost: trooubled with ant from source install
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2007 17:01:46 GMT
I do not think you need to download any jars, if you are building ANT
for yourself - you have to have all necessary jars already to run ANT.

I have an automated script to build ANT. First, the script empties
CLASSPATH,  sets JAVA_HOME and PATH. Then copies all necessary jars into
$ANT_DIR/lib/optional folder, deletes $ANT_DIR/bootstrap, and runs
"call build.bat distribution".

There can be additional steps to make ANT to forget about any previously
installed ANT on your system.

- Alexey.

Tena Sakai wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry to repost, but I haven't got much response...
>
> I am having a problem with installing ant 1.7.0 from source
> on redhat enterprise server (amd-64).
>
> What happens is that when I issue a command:
>
>   sh build.sh -Ddist.dir=/usr/local/ant dist
>
> it complains that a bunch of jar files were not built because no
> files were included.  For example:
>
>   /usr/local/ant/apache-ant-1.7.0/build/lib/ant-apache-regexp.jar
>
> According to the instruction on website:
>
>   Make sure you have downloaded any auxiliary jars required to
>   build tasks you are interested in. These should be added to
>   the lib/optional directory of the source tree.
>
> I went and got jakarta-regexp-1.5.tar.gz, gunzip'ed, untar'ed
> and found a file jakarta-regexp.jar (as well as jakarta-regexp-1.5.jar,
> which turns out to be the same as the other), and copied it into
> ...src/lib/optional directory (which didn't exist; so I created
> it).  I tried with 'sh build.sh bla bla' once again, but the
> result is the same as before, it seems.  I have tried to put
> the jar file into a different lib/optional directories, but the
> result seems the same through out.  I am at wit's end as to
> how to interpret this instruction (one more time):
>
>   Make sure you have downloaded any auxiliary jars required to
>   build tasks you are interested in. These should be added to
>   the lib/optional directory of the source tree.
>
> I am starting to feel it is a mistake to follow the instruction
> above to letters.  Maybe, instead, I need to provide java source
> files and the build process will make jar files out of the source
> code and put them into a destination?  Is there somebody out there
> (I am sure the answer is yes) who have done this and willing to
> give me a hand, please?  I would greatly appreciate it.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>

> Tena Sakai
> tsakai@gallo.ucsf.edu

Alexey N. Solofnenko <http://trelony.cjb.net/>