ant-user mailing list archives

From Gilbert Rebhan <...@schillbaer.de>
Subject Re: Using Java xml properties file with Ant
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2007 17:30:42 GMT
Hi,

nswoboda@clip.dia.fi.upm.es wrote:
> We are building a piece of software which has a number of Java
> properties files in xml format (the kind which are read with
> Properties.loadFromXML).  An example:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <!DOCTYPE properties SYSTEM "http://java.sun.com/dtd/properties.dtd">
[ ... ]
> I would like to be able to read these files and use their properties from
> within ant.  The property task doesn't seem to handle properties files
> in xml so I have been trying to use the xmlproperty task:

i recommend to use the xmltask, see =

http://www.oopsconsultancy.com/software/xmltask

for all xml related operations ,inlcuded dealing with
xmlproperty files, see included manual.

Just operate with XPath on your props.xml and you're on.
XPath is as important and powerful as regular expressions.

I do all stuff with xmlproperty files via xmltask and XPath,
recommended ! ... and if that's not enough or there's a bug
in xmltask then use JRuby with REXML or XmlSimple

Regards, Gilbert