ant-user mailing list archives

From Wayne Cannon <wcan...@turinnetworks.com>
Subject Re: fileset date selector based on the date of a file
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 19:38:23 GMT
I don't understand how to use <uptodate> for this purpose.

My reading of <uptodate> is that it will set a property if a file is
up-to-date with respect to another file (based on a merge mapper for my
case).  I currently use <uptodate> for determining whether certain
operations need to be performed (setting a boolean property), but only
at a very coarse level.  My requirement is to select (create a fileset
of) typically 10 to 50 files out of 4000 that have changed recently and
perform an operation with that fileset -- such as creating a zip archive
of all files that have changed since the last zip archive (my reference
file) was created.  Other tasks are running file-specific tests on only
those files that have changed (those in the "newer" fileset).

Regards,
--Wayne