ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Checkout source files from subversion using ANT
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2007 12:25:56 GMT
sarancse wrote:
> Folks
>
> I am working with Red Hat Enterprise Linux environment.
> I have installed ANT, subversion client and used the following target to
> checkout source files from SVN repository.
>     <!-- path to the svnant libraries. Usually they will be located in
> ANT_HOME/lib -->
>     <path id="project.classpath">
>         <pathelement location="${svnant.dir}/svnjavahl.jar" />
>         <pathelement location="${svnant.dir}/svnant.jar" />
>         <pathelement location="${svnant.dir}/svnClientAdapter.jar" />
>     </path>
>      <!-- load the svn task -->
>     <taskdef resource="svntask.properties"
> classpathref="project.classpath"/>
>     <taskdef resource="net/sf/antcontrib/antcontrib.properties"/>
>
> 	<!-- Checkout source code from subversion repository -->
> 	<target name="checkout" description="Pulls code from Subversion into the
> build directory">
> 	    <svn username="${svn.user.id}" password="${svn.user.password}">
> 	      <checkout url="${svn.repository.url}" destPath="${basedir}" />
> 	    </svn>
> 	</target>
>
> But I am getting the following error while running the target
>    Cannot use javahl nor command line svn client

try seeing if you can run svn on the command line; we just use that in
our commands, such as when we want to make a branch:

    <exec failonerror="true"
         executable="svn">
       <arg value="copy"/>
       <arg value="-r"/>
       <arg value="${svn.revision}"/>
       <arg value="${svn.url}/trunk"/>
       <arg value="${svn.url}/tags/${svn.tag}"/>
       <arg value="-m" />
       <arg value="${svn.message}"/>
     </exec>

the error  message you saw implies the svntask would like to see svn on
the path too...

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/