ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mail task with Exchange Server
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2007 10:05:08 GMT
sjscabert wrote:
> So just to confirm, my mail task would have 25 as the mailport and the name
> of the Exchange server (as specified in Outlook, for instance)?
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Shawn

1. 25 is the default port of SMTP; if your exchange server runs SMTP you
get it for free
2. if mail.jar and activation.jar is in the classpath, then Ant can do
secure authentication, which some servers like.
3. You can then use googles gmail servers, provided the from: account is
an authenticated gmail user.
4. this lets you use someone else's infrastructure for your emails

see:
http://antbook.cvs.sourceforge.net/antbook/examples/diary/core/core-chapter-07.xml?view=markup

-steve

---