ant-user mailing list archives

From "Keith Hatton" <khat...@axiomsystems.com>
Subject How to achieve "if" and "unless"-style behaviour with macrodefs?
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2007 09:55:33 GMT
Hi,

I have cases where it would be useful to call a macrodef if a property
was set, but to skip it otherwise. If these were targets I could use the
standard Ant if/unless attributes to achieve this behaviour, but
macrodefs are called explicitly at certain points in the build file,
rather than using the Ant dependency model for target execution. I don't
see any corresponding options for a macrodef or (equivalently in my
case) for the sequential task. What's the best way to achieve this?

Thanks,
Keith

Axiom Systems Limited is a limited company registered in England and
Wales. Registered number: 2358771. Registered office: One Forbury
Square, The Forbury, Reading, Berks RG1 3EB