ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ant holds on to jar, preventing deletion?
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2007 18:13:03 GMT
On 7/24/07, Jay Dickon Glanville <dickon.glanville@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion Dominique, but it doesn't solve the problem.

Ah, well, it's always the first one that comes to mind ;-)

> Does it matter if I have the jar declared in a path statement?  Like this:
>   <path id="nci.common.cp_ref">
>     <pathelement location="${cdr.jar}" />
>   </path>

I don't think the <path> has anything to do with it. It's only a
collection of file names, it doesn't need to open any of them.
(although underneath the cover, a lot of things have changed to
support resource collections, and I've never studied this code)

> An additional piece of information that might help: the jar file is
> being generated by the XML Beans toolset (you provide the XML schema
> doc to the XMLBeans ant task, it generates the java, compiles, and
> then jars).

Then try to isolate this step out of the target chain, by running it
in a separate Ant invocation, and then doing the compile+delete step
in another (possibly disconnecting some target dependency to avoid
running the xmlbeans stuff again). This way you can find out if it's
the xml-beans stuff leaking the file-handle on the jar. --DD