ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JLink replacement
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 18:19:12 GMT

--- Martin Ficker <m.ficker@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Sorry,
> I have to push this again. Is the question to
> stupid? To difficult? No
> one any idea?

Martin:
  The deprecation notice in the manual for <jlink>
says:

Use the zipfileset and zipgroupfileset attributes of
the Jar task or Zip task instead.

Actually, zipfileset and zipgroupfileset are not
"attributes" per se, and this may account at least in
part for your confusion.  These are among the nested
elements permitted within zip/jar/war to specify
resources to include.  Further, in Ant 1.7+ you can
specify <path>s and other resource collections.  I
hope this assists you in figuring out what resources
in modern Ant can help you escape the JLink task.

-Matt