ant-user mailing list archives

Subject Re: Using Java xml properties file with Ant
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2007 14:47:12 GMT
Hey Nik,

Good question.  Looking at the ant source it looks like the property value is overwritten
with the new value concatenated onto the old value with a comma in between.  So the old value
is lost.

This is probably not the answer you are looking for but you could use ant contrib's foreach
task to iterate over the list of values in

It would be nice if there were a way for the xmlproperty task to create props with an XPath
like syntax.  Something like:"appName")  would return Name

or even a simple array index, something like:  would return Name as well

But I don't see such a thing.  Maybe we are just missing it.