ant-user mailing list archives

From "Brian Agnew" <br...@oopsconsultancy.com>
Subject Re: Question about <xmlcatalog> usage
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 08:27:57 GMT
You really need the DTDs PUBLICID for xmlcatalog (see
http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTypes/xmlcatalog.html) but you don't
appear to have that in your DTD selection below. I'm not au fait with
<xmlcatalog> but I don't believe that it'll work with just a SYSTEM
identifier.

Brian

On Wed, July 25, 2007 03:53, Ninju Bohra wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've been given a directory of XML files that I need to process.  All the
> files have the following text at the top
>
> <?xml version=3D"1.0" encoding=3D"ISO-8859-1"?>
> <!DOCTYPE Simpson SYSTEM "/some/directory/to/an/application.dtd ">
> <Simpson command=3D"insert">
>     <Level class=3D"one" description=3D"Level One Information>
>     <Set value=3D"the value of the set"/>
>         .
>         .
>         .
>
> Now I am planning to proces the files using the cool <xmltask> (see
> http://www.oopsconsultancy.com/software/xmltask/ for more info) to process
> the file.
>
> However the problem is that I need to 'redirect' (or ignore) the DTD
> entry..since it will not be findable at the path specified in the file
> during processing
>
> I tried the following:
>
> <xmlcatalog id="dtds">
>     <dtd publicId="/some/directory/to/an/application.dtd"
> location=3D"${source.dir}/application.dtd"/>
> </xmlcatalog>
>
> and then referencing the 'id' from within the <xmltask> like this:
>
> <target name="removeSource">
>     <mkdir dir="${dest.dir}"/>
>     <xmltask todir="${dest.dir}">
>         <xmlcatalog refid="dtds"/>
>             .
>             .
>             .
>     </xmltask>
> </target>
>
> However it does not work.  I still errors stating that it can't find the
> application.dtd (in the original location)
>
> I have copy of the DTD file (in a different path) so how can I either
> redirect where the DTD is picked from (without modifying the file) or can
> I tell ANT to 'ignore' the DTD entry.
>
> Thanx,
>
> Ninju

Brian Agnew                  http://www.oopsconsultancy.com