ant-user mailing list archives

From Ninju Bohra <ninju_bo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Question about <xmlcatalog> usage
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 02:53:51 GMT
Hello all,

I've been given a directory of XML files that I need to process.  All the files have the following
text at the top

<?xml version=3D"1.0" encoding=3D"ISO-8859-1"?>
<!DOCTYPE Simpson SYSTEM "/some/directory/to/an/application.dtd ">
<Simpson command=3D"insert">
    <Level class=3D"one" description=3D"Level One Information>
    <Set value=3D"the value of the set"/>
        .
        .
        .

Now I am planning to proces the files using the cool <xmltask> (see http://www.oopsconsultancy.com/software/xmltask/
for more info) to process the file.

However the problem is that I need to 'redirect' (or ignore) the DTD entry..since it will
not be findable at the path specified in the file during processing

I tried the following:

<xmlcatalog id="dtds">
    <dtd publicId="/some/directory/to/an/application.dtd"  location=3D"${source.dir}/application.dtd"/>
</xmlcatalog>

and then referencing the 'id' from within the <xmltask> like this:

<target name="removeSource">
    <mkdir dir="${dest.dir}"/>
    <xmltask todir="${dest.dir}">
        <xmlcatalog refid="dtds"/>
            .
            .
            .
    </xmltask>
</target>

However it does not work.  I still errors stating that it can't find the application.dtd (in
the original location)

I have copy of the DTD file (in a different path) so how can I either redirect where the DTD
is picked from (without modifying the file) or can I tell ANT to 'ignore' the DTD entry.

Thanx,

Ninju