ant-user mailing list archives

From "David Weintraub" <qazw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running .app on Mac OSX
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2007 16:55:50 GMT
This may or may not work:

The *.app file is really a directory and not a single file. Sometimes,
I find the actual application that I can execute from the command line
inside the *.app directory. This even includes a few GUI applications
-- especially those that are Unix based.

Use the Terminal application to explore the *.app directory to see if
you can find the internal executable. Then, try to run that
application from the command line (i.e. directly in the Terminal
window without going through Ant). If you can, try running this app
from Ant.

On 6/12/07, Paul Barnes-Hoggett <pbh@adobe.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>  I have an ant script that's been working on Win XP, and I'm trying to get
> it working on a Mac.
>
> Basically, I want to run an app (its a swf player) that writes contents out
> to a file, then closes. Ant waits till the process has finished, then reads
> the file. So, on Win XP, this works:
>
> <target name="runTest" description="runs the test harness"
> depends="compileTest">
>             <exec executable="${debugPlayer}" spawn="no" >
>              <arg line="'${testHarness.swf}'"/>
>             </exec>
> </target>
>
> But from what I have found on a mac, I have to use the 'open' command like
> this:
>
>     <target name="runtestosx" description="runs the test harness">
>             <exec executable="open" spawn="no" >
>                 <arg line="${debugPlayer}}"/>
>                  <arg line="'${testHarness.swf}'"/>
>             </exec>
>     </target>
>
> The problem is that the ant script continues when the 'open' command
> completes, not when the app actually closes.
> Does anyone have any suggestions for how I might attack this problem? Quite
> new to ANT, so any help would be much appreciated
>
> Thx
>
> PBH

David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com