ant-user mailing list archives

From "RADEMAKERS Tanguy" <Tanguy.RADEMAK...@swift.com>
Subject RE: replace an entry in a zip file?
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 09:23:11 GMT
Hello Cyril,

>GOAL:  To replace one entry in a zip file with an updated file.
>
>I cannot find an elegant way to do this, short of <unzip>'ing the
>archive, replacing the file of interest and then re-<zip>.  It seems
>there should be a better way.  Can anyone help?
>
>Thanks.
>
>--Cyril

If you use the update attribute of the zip task - it will "refresh" the
zip with the file or files you send it, without changing or removing the
other files in the archive. You may still need to extract the files of
interest from the zip if you don't have them elsewhere, but you don't
need to explode the whole zip just to change a few files.

Regs,
/t