ant-user mailing list archives

From Paul Barnes-Hoggett <...@adobe.com>
Subject Running .app on Mac OSX
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2007 16:15:50 GMT
Hi all,
 I have an ant script that's been working on Win XP, and I'm trying to get
it working on a Mac.

Basically, I want to run an app (its a swf player) that writes contents out
to a file, then closes. Ant waits till the process has finished, then reads
the file. So, on Win XP, this works:

<target name="runTest" description="runs the test harness"
depends="compileTest">
            <exec executable="${debugPlayer}" spawn="no" >
             <arg line="'${testHarness.swf}'"/>
            </exec>
</target>

But from what I have found on a mac, I have to use the 'open' command like
this:

    <target name="runtestosx" description="runs the test harness">
            <exec executable="open" spawn="no" >
                <arg line="${debugPlayer}}"/>
                 <arg line="'${testHarness.swf}'"/>
            </exec>
    </target>

The problem is that the ant script continues when the 'open' command
completes, not when the app actually closes.
Does anyone have any suggestions for how I might attack this problem? Quite
new to ANT, so any help would be much appreciated

Thx

PBH