ant-user mailing list archives

From Jason Barker <jason.bar...@phonedir.com>
Subject Re: Ant on Mac OS X
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2007 21:42:32 GMT
On Jun 26, 2007, at 3:34 PM, Jack J. Woehr wrote:

> On Jun 26, 2007, at 3:18 PM, Jason Barker wrote:
>
>> I have cleared out my CLASSPATH. Ant is currently installed at: /
>> Developer/Java/Ant. I have set ANT_HOME to /Developer/Java/Ant. I
>> have added $ANT_HOME/bin to my PATH, too. What gives?
>
> You must not have the Ant jar in $ANT_HOME/lib. Or something. You
> are receiving the
> classic error meaning the Ant classes were not found by Java itself.

 From the command line, when I type:
	% ls $ANT_HOME/lib
I get the following output:
README                  ant-apache-resolver.jar ant-
jmf.jar             ant-stylebook.jar       ant-xslp.jar
ant-antlr.jar           ant-commons-logging.jar ant-
jsch.jar            ant-swing.jar           ant.jar
ant-apache-bcel.jar     ant-commons-net.jar     ant-
junit.jar           ant-trax.jar            junit-4.1.jar
ant-apache-bsf.jar      ant-icontract.jar       ant-
launcher.jar        ant-vaj.jar             xercesImpl.jar
ant-apache-log4j.jar    ant-jai.jar             ant-
netrexx.jar         ant-weblogic.jar        xml-apis.jar
ant-apache-oro.jar      ant-javamail.jar        ant-
nodeps.jar          ant-xalan1.jar
ant-apache-regexp.jar   ant-jdepend.jar         ant-
starteam.jar        ant-xalan2.jar

Also, I have tried setting JAVA_HOME to /System/Library/Frameworks/
JavaVM.framework/Home and also leaving it empty. It does not seem to
have an effect.

Any other ideas?