ant-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Modrall" <MModr...@glgroup.com>
Subject RE: canned fileset with replaceregexp
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 20:24:07 GMT
>Um... You didn't explain what you're trying to do. Are you attempting
to build a PATH based upon a regular expression?

> <fileset> can take patternsets in the form of a refid.

I'm trying to create a shared list of files to be operated on by
multiple tasks.  I.e. one task will apply <replaceregexp> to a set of
files to change some text tokens before compilation.  Then another task
would use the same file list to revert those files in the scm system
post-build.

My understanding was that <fileset> needed either dir or file specified;
in other words <patternset> was relative to whichever was specified in
<fileset>.

<path>, with it's ability to include multiple filesets and define a
complete set would be great, only it doesn't seem that some tasks like
<replaceregexp> take them.

Thanks
Mark

This e-mail message, and any attachments, is intended only for the use of the individual or
entity identified in the alias address of this message and may contain information that is
confidential, privileged and subject to legal restrictions and penalties regarding its unauthorized
disclosure and use. Any unauthorized review, copying, disclosure, use or distribution is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail message in error, please notify the sender immediately
by reply e-mail and delete this message, and any attachments, from your system. Thank you.