ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: AW: Convert Value to lower case
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2007 18:36:30 GMT

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/sandbox/antlibs/props/trunk/

> After a quick look online (have no
> eclipse+subversion plugin
> installed right now) the props antlib looks very
> interesting.
> Had no time yet to dig into the bunch of new ant 1.7
> stuff including
> antlib, we still stuck with ant 1.6.5, but some
> sunny day ... ;-)
>
> Questions =
>
> if the classes are provided as jar, i.e.
> ant-props.jar
> will the also run with/for ant 1.6.5 ?

Actually the props antlib is a test harness for some
changes the Ant team is considering for Ant's property
handling mechanisms, which in their current form seem
to leave a little to be desired, so this antlib
actually depends on modifications to Ant which have
not even been committed to svn trunk yet.  If those
changes are committed (some form of them probably will
be) these will most likely be substantial enough API
changes to warrant a minor revision of Ant, i.e. 1.8.

Sorry for the bad news,
Matt