ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jay Dickon Glanville" <>
Subject "Overriding previous definition of reference" ... should I worry?
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 15:46:17 GMT
Hello all.

I have a build file with a set of patternsets that are declared in
alphabetical order.  There are some references between then (eg: A
references B, but A is declared first).

Because of these dependencies and their order, I'm getting warning
messages from ant, things like:
  Overriding previous definition of reference to dependee
Should I be worried?

As an example, I have a build file where the referrer is declared
before it's dependency is declared:
  <project basedir="." default="compile" name="example">
    <patternset id="depender">
      <patternset refid="dependee" />
    <patternset id="dependee">
    <target name="compile" >
      <echo>doing nothing</echo>
This produces the following output:
  Overriding previous definition of reference to dependee

       [echo] doing nothing

  Total time: 1 second

Should I be concerned with this override?

Jay Dickon Glanville

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message