ant-user mailing list archives

From Ninju Bohra <ninju_bo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Can properties set in a build called from another build be reference by the calling buildfile?
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 06:36:28 GMT
I believe the <ant> task can take a nested <property> or <propertyset> sub-element,
this will allow you to pass the value of properties from the parent script to the child script.

See: http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/ant.html for more info

Hope that helps,

Ninju

----- Original Message ----
From: Dave <davidcorley@gmail.com>
To: user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Friday, June 8, 2007 11:48:12 AM
Subject: Can properties set in a build called from another build be reference by the calling
buildfile?

I have two ant scripts. A target in build-1 has dependencies on a target in
build-2. Those dependences are called using the <ant> task. The target in
build-1 will run depending on whether or not a property is set by a
<condition> task in the target in build-2. I wondering can (and if not, how
could it be done) the original build-1 read properties set by build-2?

Those who understand binary and those who do not.