ant-user mailing list archives

From Wayne Cannon <wcan...@turinnetworks.com>
Subject Re: filename collisions when compiling
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 18:39:34 GMT
... or simply name them both non-java, such as A.java.source, and then
copy the desired one to A.java in its current directory (removing any
pre-existing A.java copies beforehand).  That way, there is only one
A.java, regardless of directory.

If there are two different cases that are compiled, my solution for
similar situations (e.g., a family of products with shared classes and
some classes with minor product-specific variations, but the same class
name in each product) has been to have separate directories for the
unique cases and a common directory for the shared files -- then compile
with the desires sourcepath or equivalent.

For example:
   .../common/B.java
   .../common/C.java
   .../case1/A.java
   .../case2/A.java

Then compile using either "common + case1" or "common + case2"
directories, as desired.  This can be extended hierarchically.

--Wayne