ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Spam from the list
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2007 13:23:36 GMT
Douglas McCarroll wrote:
> List-Admin,
>
> FYI: I keep a separate address for each list that I belong to, and got
> the spam below at the address I use for this list. It's possible that
> spammers are harvesting addresses from emails passing over the internet,
> and there is thus nothing that you can do about this, but if you hear
> from other that they got the same spam then that would suggest that
> there may be a problem within you sphere of influence...  :)
>
> Douglas

The problem is there's no way to stop a widely-read list from having its
email harvested. I dont think the main apache.org archive site exposes
email addresses, but there's not much that can be doen about other sites
publishing the archives (they do), and not much that can be done about
spamming, or here, some form of 419 scam.