ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Extending JUnit Ant tasks
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 12:31:58 GMT
Rebhan, Gilbert wrote:

> [...]

yes, you can at least do by-hand diagnostics.

> /*
> Better to find out why your scripts are hanging and kill that. I always
> timeout my exec/java and junit runs, and dont have to kill ant itself.
> Have you tried that?
> */
>
> hm, it's a generic worklflow that start ant scripts and waits for
> reponse = Failed or Successful; as there are other jobs
> in the queue you have to set a timeout to finish off a hanging job.

> /*
> The alternative is for ant to optionally register a signal handler (sun
> java only; would cause trouble on IDEs) and then to shut down more
> gracefully on termination.
> */
>
> thanks for the pointer, i already have downloaded smartfrog 3.10.0000
> but had no time to take a detailled look

I'm trying to release 3.11 beta 1 this week, so dont invest too much
time until then.

> /*
> There is not  yet any equivalent for the xmllogger, but it is something
> that could be written if you want to help with it.
> */
>
> i've found a contribution =
>
> http://confluence.public.thoughtworks.org/display/CC/AntDirectXmlLogger
>
> but =
>
> : Direct XML Logger
> call ant -listener org.apache.tools.ant.DirectXmlLogger
> -DXmlLogger.file=Y:/antxmlout.xml -f %1
>
> gives me a NullPointerException
> i never wrote a logger for ant, maybe i try to write my own or fix the
> DirectXmlLogger
> when time allows

well, if they can do it, so can we; it would be good for something that
bamboo and luntbuild could also handle. Really those tools should bypass
the XML and go for something more intimate; perhaps even serialized java
objects. Relying on XML output of ant and junit is easy, but not that
real-time.

-steve