ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Extending JUnit Ant tasks
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 10:46:07 GMT
Steve Loughran wrote:

> The alternative is for ant to optionally register a signal handler (sun
> java only; would cause trouble on IDEs) and then to shut down more
> gracefully on termination. This is what smartfrog does, though since
> Java6 the javac compiler goes out of its way to tell us off for doing so
> ("you are using sun internal apis that may go away in future").

For the curious, it says this:

     [javac]
/home/slo/Projects/SmartFrog/Forge/core/smartfrog/src/org/smartfrog/sfcore/processcompound/InterruptHandlerImpl.java:95:

warning: sun.misc.Signal is Sun proprietary API and may be removed in a
future release
     [javac]             oldHandler=Signal.handle(new Signal(name), this);
     [javac]                        ^
     [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
     [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
     [javac] 7 warnings

There's no obvious way to turn it off...possibly theres an
@SuppressWarnings annotation which makes your app java1.5+ only.
Whatever it is, its annoying, and there is no alternative way to
implement signal handlers, so I dont see why sun should be telling us off.

-steve