ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ANT 1.7 with JUNIT4.0
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 09:28:56 GMT
James Mao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just upgraded from ant 1.6 to ant 1.7, and now i also upgraded to junit 4
>
> But i can not see the *ignored tests* in the brief formatter mode.
>
> Is it a known issue?

Not so much an "issue" as a feature that could only be implemented if
<junit> went to junit4 only, which it cannot do.

The solution would be to write a <junit4> task that only runs junit4.x
and does collect their events (ignored) and drops the distinction
between failures and errors.

Being how ant is entirely community driven (no paid developers), it is
going to fall on the users of junit4 to implement this, -if you get on
the ant developer lists you will get as much help as the rest of the
team provides (e.g. we'll show you how to use antunit to test the tasks)

JUnit4 support (as an optional antlib library) would be good for ant,
but you are going to have to provide much of the engineering effort.
This will, however, guarantee the task meets your needs.

-steve