ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <>
Subject Re: Strange property problem
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2007 09:29:52 GMT
Peter Reilly wrote:
> On 6/4/07, Steve Loughran <> wrote:
ith ant properties are immutable, so what the hell is happening?
>> you are getting burned by the fact that the $ in the macro param is
>> being double expanded. Once in passing to macrodef, and then when being
>> passed to sshexec
> This is yet another wild occurance of this bug.
> We may need to do something about it..

I think

1. some special type that doesnt have properties expanded before ant
gets to it (or a specially named setter)

2. macros are switched so that by default property expansion is delayed
(unless you ask for it by setting an option)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message