ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: AW: Convert Value to lower case
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2007 19:30:14 GMT

--- Gilbert Rebhan <ant@schillbaer.de> wrote:

> Hi, Matt
>
> Matt Benson wrote:
> > Actually the props antlib is a test harness for
> some
> > changes the Ant team is considering for Ant's
> property
> > handling mechanisms, which in their current form
> seem
> > to leave a little to be desired, so this antlib
> > actually depends on modifications to Ant which
> have
> > not even been committed to svn trunk yet.  If
> those
> > changes are committed (some form of them probably
> will
> > be) these will most likely be substantial enough
> API
> > changes to warrant a minor revision of Ant, i.e.
> 1.8.
> >
> > Sorry for the bad news,
> > Matt
>
> OK, well how i said = we're re still on 1.6.5, so
> But somehow (at first glance) the props antlib
> reminds
> me of AntXtras Value URI Handlers, see

It's almost exactly like them.  The difference is that
the current PropertyHandler design is extremely clumsy
to use (as I'm sure the AntXtras guys would attest).
The props antlib serves two purposes: (1) to validate
the concepts applied in the PropertyHelper API
redesign, and (2) to ease the transition for those
users relying on AntXtras and/or any other extensions
to the current API.

-Matt

http://antxtras.sourceforge.net/AntXtras/overview.html#valueuris