ant-user mailing list archives

From "broken connection" <brokenconnect...@gmail.com>
Subject How to make "outputproperty" element work???
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 00:22:59 GMT
Hi Friends,
I need some help with "outputproperty" element. I have a properties file, i
want to pass in one of the property to a java program and read the response
back and store it in the same property using ant for eg:

my_property=plain_password

//I want to pass this to a java program and the property should be modified
as:
my_property=encrypted_password

I tried to use "JAVA" task but redirection was not working so I used this
"exec" task instead:

    <filter filtersfile="myfile.properties"/>

    <target name="test">
        <exec  executable="${ext}" resolveexecutable="true" os="Windows XP">
            <arg value="/c"/>
            <arg value="call-program.${ext} ${my_property}"/>
            <redirector output="myfile.properties"
outputproperty="my_password" append="true" />
         </exec>
    </target>

But its not working. I am able to redirect the output to some other file eg,
"xyz.txt" but then too the outputproperty element is not working,I want the
output as:
property=value

I have tried a lot, can somebody please give me a clue as to where i am
going wrong.I would really appreciate that.

Cheers