ant-user mailing list archives

From "query" <search2...@rediffmail.com>
Subject Re :Re: Re :Re: Building Dependent targets
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 08:40:52 GMT
Thanks for reformatting the mail.I tried with &lt;update&gt; task. It works better.On
Mon, 28 May 2007 19:32:21 -0400 \"Ant Users List\" wroteIt was a bit hard to read your email.
Please set your email to sendonly text formated emails to this list. Otherwise, they get munged
andit\'s hard to see what you\'re doing. I\'ve reformatted your email belowto help make it
clear what you were showing as an example:In your example, you use the \"outofdate\" task
to simply call an anttask. Why not use the standard \"uptodate\" task, so you don\'t dependupon
the antcontrib target?The main problem is that you call the create-jar task with outofdate,but
the create-jar task depends upon the compile task, so that getscalled anyway. I think what
you want to do is create only the jars andnot do the compile. (Is this correct?). To do that,
remove thedependency on the compile task for the create-jars task.=========From: search2006@rediffmail.
com queryTo: user@ant. apache. orgDate: Mon, 28 May 2
 007 07:50:33 -0400Subject: Re :Re: Building Dependent targetsTo avoid rebuilding of targets
if they occur as dependent targetsfor many targets, I tried using task. My requirementis that
I am having different targets in all build files for copyingsource, compiling java files,
and creating jar files. Each buildfile will be having all the above mentioned targets. After
extractingthe source files, it will be checking for the outdated target jarfile. Once it finds
that target is outofdate, \"target.old\" propertywill be set and will be proceed with creating
jar file. If sourcefiles are uptodate with target file,\"target. old\" will be false andshouldn\'t
run target \"compile\" and \"create-jar\".If \"target.old\" is \"false\", though it will not
create jar file,it is be still checking each file at the task level. But I wantthe check to
be done at target level and proceed with creating jarfile only if \"target.old\" is set. As
I am having so many sourcefiles, it is taking lot of t
 ime for building.Is there any flaws in the below sample build file?Sample build file-includes=\"**/*.*\"/&gt;[...]--David